Wednesday, April 07, 2010

AND SO IT BEGINS...

So as previously mentioned, I am at this moment, only technically married to Wilson - and just writing that sentence is surreal to me.  He has been such a huge part of my life for 8 years that I can't really comprehend that we will not be growing old together. 

The process has started - lawyers, real estate assesments, financial discussions, Arthur discussions and we are being very mature about things (so far), but still I am overwhelmed at times with memories, what-would have been wishes and dreams.  And to tell you the truth - that really sucks!

I do know that the next phase of my life is all about me and that is REALLY hard to comprehend.  Having been a 'we' for so long, being back to 'me' is seemingly unfathomable right now.  I am trying not to get overwhelmed by the massive amount of changes that are a-coming but right now I feel like I am lost on a raft in the ocean being buffeted by very large waves. 

However, I have learned one thing in this process - I really liked being someone's wife and hope with all of my badly bruised heart that it will happen again.  Right now I am trying to take the words of Dr. Seuss to heart - Don't cry because it is over, Smile because it happened. 

Still - should anyone want to come and kick Wilson in the shin for me, I wouldn't say no!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, unfortunately, can relate to your posts...having been through it recently myself. Keep your head up and stay strong...it does get better, I promise!