Wednesday, April 08, 2015

GOALS

I am procrastinator - like no one you have ever known.  If I don't want to do something, I will find any reason not to do it.  My procrastination is at an Olympic level....However, I have reached a new low with my procrastination and it is affecting a number of areas of my life - mainly my weight and my finances.  How do I change a life-long habit of procrastination - I am going to set some reasonable goals to start with milestones and once those goals are reached, set some new ones.  Also, I have always been a big believer of write down your goals and look at it often - this helps to keep you accountable, if only to yourself. Here goes....

Weight
- back to the gym, with the target of 3 times per week
- cut the crap (mainly sugar) out of my diet
- wear my FitBit again to track my steps and exercise
- first weight loss goal - 10 lbs
- no booze during the week so that I sleep better
- try and eat a small breakfast in the morning - even if I eat it at work

Finances
- stop buying my lunch every day
- give myself an allowance every pay
- stop buying stuff I don't need
- speak to a financial counselor

Maybe, just maybe by writing these first steps down, I will be better than I have been in the past.  All I know is that I need to make these changes in my life for my own good and my mental health.  I may not make these goals every week, but at least it is a start.  The big 50 is looming and I don't want to start my 2nd act of my life with these same bad habits I have always had.  

No comments: